canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

Sensixx b45l steam generator....the iron symbol keeps flashing

Customer Question

Sensixx b45l steam generator....the iron symbol keeps flashing and water is leaking instead if steam
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Often following the manufacturer directions to clean the boiler of the iron may not remove all the scale buildup. If you think of the boiler inside like your electric kettle, what you are doing is shaking out the loose bits, but there is still a build up on parts.

If this is really bad, such that you cant live with it, you can try running a 25% vinegar mixture through the machine.

The manufacturer does not suggest this, but its the only way to remove the build up and should stop it from leaking.

Alternatively there are products available to descale irons in supermarkets or hardware stores.

You do need to rinse through the boiler a couple of times before you start to iron clothes again

Customer:

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?