George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

beko wme7247w washing machine not working. Started with machine

beko wme7247w washing machine not working. Started with machine not emptying. Drained the machine. Now it does't take water on board.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you with answers to your problem. I am not on here constantly so kindly be patient whilst awaiting answers.. I will return.

George-Allsorts :

Have you pressed the start button for 3 seconds to cancel the old wash program?

JACUSTOMER-l19h0zth- :

Hi George my name is***** have now pressed the start button for 3 seconds. The wash programs come up ok but when select one, close the door and press the start button nothing happens except for a soft click

When you hear this click, is the door then locked?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

From Mike,

Yes when I hear the click the door is locked.

Hi Mike,

At this point, do you hear a faint buzzing from the rear corner of the appliance?

If YES: Check the water supply is turned on at the rear of the appliance, and that water is progressing to the connection point at the appliance.

If NO: Get a multimeter; Power off the appliance and unplug; remove the lid of the appliance; Use the multimeter on the Ohms setting to test the water inlet valve and let me know what reading you get.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi George,

Sorry for delay - computer problems. There is no buzzing sound from rear corner of machine.

Where do I obtain a multimeter? I live in NW Highlands of Scotland.

Ok no problem... I think this way the case with half of the UK yesterday....

So, no buzzing... but the door is locked..

We ca therefore deduce that the program has started otherwise the door would not have locked...

You could ask a nieghbour for the loan of a multimeter... We need to test both the outlet pump and the inlet valve... You could assume they are ok and firstly check the PCB for damage if you wish, then revert to testing once no damage is found

Multimeters can be bought at most discount stores now
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

From Mike,

There are discount stores in Inverness (85 miles away) I'll ring them tomorrow, and hopefully get one in the post.

What is a PCB?

Or even order one from ebay... delivery free.. no fuel cost to Inverness