Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Received a recondition lg American fridge/freezer yesterday

Customer Question

Received a recondition lg American fridge/freezer yesterday non plumbed ,the ice machine is working well but when we press for water the motor makes a noise but no water comes out ???
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Good afternoon ~ just to let me clarify a couple of points before we start, there are numerous models of this appliance so can you just confirm that the unit is not connected to the water and has a water bottle inside the fridge? Or is it connected to the water and you are unable to get chilled water out of the appliance?

JACUSTOMER-ze0cjn9a- : Not connected to water pipe it has a container inside the door
Dales-Electronic :

OK if you take out the container just confirm that by pushing in the central water plunger (bottom of water container) that water will actually come out of the container ~ then open the door and looking down inside where the water container goes see if you can see the actuation lever move up and down as you push the water handle from the outside ~ let me know what you see ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-ze0cjn9a- : Hi we are not at our house at the moment, when I connect the container it cleares the line and it is providing water to the ice part, but nothing to the water dispenser. I have also pressed the button on the ice machine which clears the ice and water comes through.
Dales-Electronic :

OK give me a little time and I will get on to LG Technical for You on Monday and find out if there are any issues that we should be aware of, I know there was a problem with the water bottles in the earlier ones. Ian