Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Gas cooker specialist
46681511

Hi guys ,I have problem with my hot water ,on a valliant combi

Hi guys ,I have problem with my hot water ,on a valliant combi boiler gc number 47-044-31 when hot tap operated ,no hot water comes out ,and also there is no flame display on the lcd or little tap ,can u help me
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 2 years ago.
***** ***** : It sounds like the divertor valve or flow switch is not triggering?
***** ***** : Does it try and light if you run 2 taps at once?
Customer:

I have not tried two taps at the same time ,what will that do ? Is that to increase the flow to maybe kick start the flow switch ?

***** ***** : Yes.
***** ***** : Can you turn off the power so the boiler is silent and then try running the hot tap with your ear against the case and tell me what you hear?
Customer:

Im not there at the moment as there is no hot water but will try that tomorrow ,what would I be listening for ?the heating works fine and the flame is displayed on the lcd when heating/themostat operated but nothing when hot tap opened

***** ***** : You are seeing whether you can hear the click of the divertor valve
***** ***** : If it clicks then it will be a wiring fault
***** ***** : If it does not click then the divertor valve is at fault
Customer:

So would that rule out the flow switch ?and is it likely that the heat plate exchanger is blocked?

***** ***** : Not if the boiler does not fire at all, it is the divertor valve that fires the boiler when on hot water only