Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hotpoint BFV620X - 30715930.Prewash led / light flashes

Hotpoint BFV620X - 30715930. Prewash led / light flashes continually. Might be in continuous drain mode? This all happened when the Bottom Spray arm came off during a wash cycle. Spray arm is now firmly back in place.

i did also check the inlet water filter which seems clean and fine.

I also spilled a kettle of water into the diswasher and it drained it out..

I just threw another kettle of water in now and it drained immediately - while on with light - pre wash flashing - so suggest in permanent drain mode.. so how do I stop that?

Waiting?

Still working on it here - If I turn it all off - then switch on - i get a long (few seconds) beep - where it then goes into the flashing prewash light - (drain mode?) and just seems to stay there??

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Sorry for the delay.

If the pump is running all the time and the error code you have is a anti flood problem.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and tip it backwards and this will allow the water to drain out from the base. So you will need a towel for this part.

Once the water is out the anti flood switch will reset itself and clear the error code.
Then retry the dishwasher and this should sort the fault out and get it up and running again for you.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Daniel. That was it. I had worked my way towards that possibility also, but great to have the confirmation from the expert. Knowing the problem was great but the real hard bit proved to be removing the dishwasher unit from a fitted kitchen and then putting it all back together. Something that you may do every day, - but I did manage it and it was a challenge. But thanks for help / information. 30 is fine for this good advice - now that the dishwasher is up and running again and "she that must be obeyed" is delighted with my work! Takeaway tonight , I think.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Nice one. Glad to hear its sorted and thanks for letting me know.

Enjoy your takeaway.