Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hi I have a TD 530 tumble dryer. The door closing sensor has

Hi I have a TD 530 tumble dryer. The door closing sensor has stopped working, so it says the door is not closed when it is.
I assume I have to replace or tighten the sensor. How big a job is that?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

For the door circuit its just the plastic door pin on the inside of the door at the 12 oclock position. And a microswitch behind the panel on the front.

So when you close the door that plastic pin on the door goes through the front panel and pushes a microswitch. Thats how it nows the doors closed.

So check that pin is still on the door and if thats fine you need to remove the top and look down the front on the inside and you will see the microswitch. Check the wiring to there and make sure it hasnt burnt out. As there no adjustment you can do as its fixed in to place so so just check its there still as it can pop out.

But if thats all ok then you need to remove the microswitch and test it with a multimeter and see if it switches over when activated. If not then it needs to be replaced.

So check them 2 out first and see what you find. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Pin is still in place. Connections to microswitch are fine. Can't really see how to remove the microswitch. I can remove the connections to it, but do I lever the thing out with a screwdriver after that?

The dryer is relatively old. Are all microswitches the same? Or am I likely to have a problem finding a replacement that will fit?

Michael

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

All the microswitches are the same on these older model which is good news.

Not the easyist one to access do the location of it but if you just cannot access it from there then you may have to remove the rear panel to remove the drum to get better access to the switch.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Got it out. It definitely isn't working. Will try to find a replacement.

Michael