George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Miele W1514 washing machine. I need to remove the

I have a Miele W1514 washing machine. I need to remove the top of the machine. I have removed two screws from the back, and two more from the sides, and the top is now loose almost all the way round, but appears still to be fixed at the front. How do I reach whatever is preventing the top from coming completely free?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 3 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you with answers to your problem. I am not on here constantly, so kindly be patient whilst awaiting answers.. I will return.

George-Allsorts :

Have you tried removal of all four screws and then lifting from the back to a 60deg angle?

Customer:

Hello George. Many thanks for this. By the time I received it, I had managed to remove the top. I think it had been held down by some gunge that had dripped on it, and after a day exposed to sunlight this may have dried out; in any event, it suddenly responded to my lifting. Thank you nevertheless for your answer, which was on the right lines.