Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

hotpoint sdw60p.c fault is flash ing lights rinse aid//fast

Customer Question

hotpoint sdw60p.c fault is flash ing lights rinse aid//fast and dry//delicate// machine turns on runs for 1 minute then lights flash what next ?????
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Them lights flashing indicate a fault in the heater circuit of the appliance.

You would need to unplug the appliance and take the side panels off.

Unplug the heater and test it with a multimeter to see if it's open circuit.

If it is, you need to first replace the heater and try again.

If it's ok, the likely fault is the main control board in the facia panel of the appliance.

Check the heater, check the wiring to the heater. See what you find.

Hope this is of some help

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

YOU DID NOT READ MY QUESTION I SAID I HAD REPLACED THE HEATER AND IT WAS OK ALSO I SAID THE MACHINE WAS SWITCHING ON AND AFTER 1 MINUTE THE FOLLOWING LIGHTS WERE FLASHING.. RED RINSE AID. FAST AND DRY ///AND DELICATE///,MACHINE RAN AND THEN PAUSED MY QUESTION WHAT DO I DO NEXT..

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok sorry i missed the part were it said you replaced the heater.

But the error code flashing is still a heating error code. Ingnore the rinse aid light as this isnt part of it.

So if the heater is fine then just check near it as some versions have a thermostat screwed to the tub. If you have check this as well.
If thast fine then remove the outer door panel and check the door wiring and see if theres any broken wires but if thats all ok then its going to be a faulty control board.