Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

bosch lavamat 16630 there is no heating where do I look for

Customer Question

bosch lavamat 16630 there is no heating where do I look for the pr
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Im taking it this is an AEG washer going of the model number you posted?

If so is it the dryer side thats not hating up?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Both the washer and the drier are not working. I have check the resisance of the drier element and the voltage on the drier elements and the voltage is permanently at 240. My wife says that the wash is cold as well. have had the top of to see what i could see.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Can you double check the model number please as its not comming up.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

AEG 16830

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok lets see what the error code is.

Set it going on a spin cycle
Then you need to press and hold the 2 buttons on the far left of each row.
Keep them held in and after a few seconds the error code will come up E??

Let me know the code.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Apologies for the delay computer hung| E72

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok E72 is a dryer condenser duct NTC error code.

But what you can try first is remove the top of the washer and in the back right corner you will see the fan motor with a small belt. Check this belt and make sure its ok. Then turn it by hand and sure its free. If its stiff then the fan chamber for the dryer will need to be replaced.

But if the belt an fan chamber is fine then you need to remove the back half cabinet from the washer.
There you will see the dryer condenser duct under the fan. In the black hose at the bottom is the NTC check the wires there as they can break. If so then repair the wire and see how it goes from there. If the wires are fine then you need to test it with a multi meter. It should read about 7 Kohms. If faulty then it will need to be replaced.

But check that fan motor and small belt first on the top as its usually something to do with this.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Fan and belt appear OK, so I need to check the hose and the NTC. MANY Many thanks Daniel.

If all fails I will call in a professional.

But at least I know the problem now. So I can have a look.. It is probably the NTC.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

If thats ok then yes just check the sensor and see what you find.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

broken wire at the connector. Do i need a replacement connector or is the existing one openable?

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Sorry for the delay im not usually onlineduring the day in the week.

Have you sorted the wire out?
If not is it a small block or a larger block?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Daniel the connector is a two terminal blade connector which plugs into the NTC. I have terminated both wires into a single spade connector which has fixed the problem. but i wondered if i could get a replacement for the original AEG connector to fit onto the wires?

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok if you have just retagged the wires on there own then that should be fine like that as thats all we do.
Other then that its a case of replacing the wiring harness for the sensor.