Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Westbrook WBK20 and am having trouble with the lights.

Customer Question

I have a Westbrook WBK20 and am having trouble with the lights. One bulb failed late spring I inserted a replacement but to no avail but system still operated on three bulbs.
Have just tried to use it for first time this autumn and a further bulb has failed. Once again a new bulb failed to work. As a check I used bulbs from the two positions still working but
still no luck. I then placed the new bulbs position where the other two had come from and they operated OK.
It would seem that all bulbs are OK and that the two bulb holders, or the electric to them is at fault. The system does not seem to operate on tow bulbs only.
Would appreciate your comments please.
Many thanks,
G. G. Sparrow
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

I attach below the manual for this item, kindly note that the bulb for this is only 12 volts not 220/240V without putting a meter on the fittings it is quite difficult to establish which of the two areas it could be in. I would think that all the bult holders are connected together and likely either a wire has broken or alternatively as you say there is a problem with the bulb holders ~ taking in mind that the bulbs are quite high in wattage and will generate a lot of heat I would go for the bulb holders first. Hope that helps ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

It looks like the item is only available as a four lamp cluster as a spare part with a horrendous price !!