Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Grundig UM9140 food mixer. The mixer has recently

Customer Question

I have a Grundig UM9140 food mixer. The mixer has recently stopped working. It is approximately 12 months old and has only been used a handful of times. The blue light does come on and starts to flash but when the rotary 'speed' control is operated the mixing component does not rotate. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Paul
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

When You rotate t he speed control dial can you hear any motor noise?

JACUSTOMER-s7ksz3mb- :

Hi, no there is no noise at all from the motor when the speed control dial is operated.

JACUSTOMER-s7ksz3mb- :

JACUSTOMER-s7ksz3mb- :

Further to my response 20 minutes ago do you have any further suggestions to get my Grundig food mixer working again.

Dales-Electronic :

Sorry for the short delay, we had technical difficulties reading your response ~ this is a common fault with these Grundig food mixers and is usually down to either the speed control unit or the motor itself. If you can give me time I will find out which item you need to replace. Grundig is no longer the Grundig of Germany brand that it used to be but a generic brand used by various manufacturers, Leave it with me and once I know more detail I will come back to you

JACUSTOMER-s7ksz3mb- :

Thanks for your help so far. I look forward to further advice when you know more. Can you advise whether parts are readily available for these mixers?

Dales-Electronic :

Hi Paul,

Dales-Electronic :

That's the problem for me at the moment, the mainline parts suppliers don't have it listed so will have to do some further research and let you know ~ its a problem that we have with generic stuff, if I can cross reference it (it seems the Kenwood attachments will fit it) I should be able to get you more information. Back to the old mixing bowl for the time ~ Regards Ian

JACUSTOMER-s7ksz3mb- :

Thanks Ian, I will await further information.

JACUSTOMER-s7ksz3mb- :

Paul

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.

OK Paul, I have done some fishing around and it seems that there are no spare parts or services available for this appliance. The distributor which I have listed below has indicated the following ~

a. If the product is within 12 month of purchase return it to the retailer who will sort out your problem.

b. If outside of the 12 month point contact RKW (Wholesale) Ltd who are bit cagey as to where they are located but I think Stoke on Trent on the following telephone number who will arrange collection and/or repair/replacement ~ 0871(###) ###-####

Hope that helps you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks for the prompt follow up information.

Paul

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian,

Further to our recent communication regarding my Grundig food mixer I can confirm that the contact details you gave me for TKW were very helpful. I found out that the mixer was covered by a 3 year warranty so was able to return my old one (free of charge - collected by courier) and I am now the proud owner of a brand new item. TKW were very efficient and there were no quibbles whatsoever.

Thank you VERY much once again for your assistance.

Best wishes

Paul

Pleased to hear that things worked out well for you and we were able to help ~ always an advantage to have customer feedback ~ take care. Ian