Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Gas cooker specialist
46681511

Have danfoss 851 timer. Not been used all summer. Trying to

Have danfoss 851 timer. Not been used all summer. Trying to set heating. Day and time display is either blank or shows 888888 if power is switched off and back on. Won't let me set day and program.
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 2 years ago.
***** ***** : If you are getting that display then the programmer has failed.
***** ***** : Unfortunately this is not a standard backplate
***** ***** : This will need swapping and rewiring or a dirct replacement
***** ***** : You can get a direct replacement from here;
***** ***** : http://cpc.farnell.com/danfoss/851/electronic-timeswitch-851-7-day/dp/HG00675
***** ***** : The direct replacement will enable you to simply hook off and hook on the new one
***** ***** : Let me know which direction you want to proceed
Customer:

It should still be under guarantee. If I can get hold of the guy who supplied and fitted it he should replace it FOC. But at least we know what we need. I thought it might need a reset code or something like that. Like the cat.....much like ours used to be.

Customer:

It should still be under guarantee. If I can get hold of the guy who supplied and fitted it he should replace it foc. At least we know what we're up against, I thought it might need a reset code or something like that. Like tha cat....just like ours used to be. Len.

***** ***** : It will be under warranty if less than a year old, but the installer should swap this for you as he will need his receipt to get it swapped.
Customer:

That's plan "A". Plan "B" is buy a new one. It can't be too difficult to take one out and put another the same in it's place, can it.