Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

How can I tell if the Drayton LP112 programmer is not sending

How can I tell if the Drayton LP112 programmer is not sending a signal to the pump?
From an indicator light point of view everything seems OK, but the pump does not start, nor the two-way valve open to CH. The unit is served by a drayton wireless programmable thermostat and the red on light is OK and so is the green 'receive' light but the central heating side refuses to come on. The hot water side has been fine all summer.
When I manually move the valve to CH, sometimes the CH comes on, but more often than not the system stays off. Pressing ADV on the programmer shows the correct 'adv' in the window, but nothing happens at the valve or pump end.
Cheers
Nigel
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Plumberpro :

Hi . does the hot water work?

Customer:

Yes, it seems to be working OK. The setting on the programmer is set at 'on'. so it relies in the tank thermo to fire up. I have only just switched the CH on and that's where the problem seems to occur

Plumberpro :

Hi . Nigel sounds like the recieved unit of the room stat is faulty. If it looks like it is switching on and off but not working it means it has failed internally and needs replacing.

Customer:

But I wondered why the heating side does not work when switched to ADVANCE. Doesn't that over ride the room stat?

Plumberpro :

No .it just overrides your programme start times