Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Zanussi Dishwasher has developed a leek and looking at the

Customer Question

My Zanussi Dishwasher has developed a leek and looking at the bottom shows that removal of the cover is not going to be easy. Is there a simpler solution, can you please help.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is Zanussi Dishwasher DS929 quite an old machine

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

That model isnt comming up not even on a google search.

If you open the door there will be a sticker. On there is the product number (pnc) and it starts with a 9.
Can you post this but you need to prefix it with an A otherwise it will get crossed out.

Eg A912345678

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I cannot see any sticker by opening the door, the only information it shows is various programs nothing else the model is DW929 Aquasafe

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok got it now the DW929 is the model rather then DS929.

But to remove the access plate on the front you need to remvoe the outer door panel.
Then you will see below the door a metal plate above the plastic base. Theres 2 screws at the top either side so remove these.
Then you need to get a flat bladed screw and wedge it into the bottom cover between the metal panel and the plastic base and lift the metal trim up and it will pop out from the bottom of the plastic base and then you can remove it.

But you cannot access the motor from there.
To access the motor you need to pull the dishwasher out and lay it on its front.
Then remove the fill hose and then the plastic cover.
Then remove rear foot.
Then you will see a metal bar across the back of the motor. Remove this and then you can pull the wash motor out from the back there as its just a push fit motor. And these do like to leak on these dishwashers.

Try that and see what you find and let me know.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the detailed answer but how do you remove the bottom plastic cover

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Sorry not sure which plastic cover you mean?

Is it the complete plastic base at the bottom on the front
Or the flixable plastic cover on the very bottom one you have layed it down?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is complete plastic base but has several cuts in it e.g. motor and various hoses. It stretches from front all the way to the back the feet are coming through it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is complete plastic base with the exception of cut outs for motor and hoses etc.It may be necessary to remove this to carry out what you suggested.

Also please cancel the monthly £29 charge for membership as I will not need it it did not give me choice whether to be member or not, thanks.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok im with you now. That plastic base doesnt come off as thats the support for the tub so its not made to come off im afraid.

But to get better access you can remove both the side panels. Look on the top of the side panels and remove the screws there.
Then remove the screws at the very back of the side panel at the bottom.
Then open the door and you can then remove the panels from there as this will give better access to looking under there.

But that plastic base doesnt come off im afraid.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Daniel,

Returning to Zanussi DW929 dishwasher and you suggested the following:

“But you cannot access the motor from there.
Then remove rear foot.

Try that and see what you find and let me know.”

I have tried your suggestion but, unfortunately, I cannot remove the Motor there does not seem to be any metal bar across the back of the motor. The motor is sitting loose but the hole in the back of the dishwasher is not big enough to pull the motor out. The opening is slightly smaller than the motor. Do you have any other suggestion for removing the motor.

Kind regards,

Abbi

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Thats the only way the motor will come out. Ive done 100s and its all done through that gap.

Use a flat screwdriver and wedge it beween the back of the motor and the bottom of the base and try and pull the motor out from there.

It will come out as that the only place it comes out from.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** dark now I will try in the day light tomorrow and let you know the result, thanks again,

Kind regards,

Abbi

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
No worries fingers crossed its good news.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your instructions the motor came out quite easily along with the propellers. It has three ‘O’ rings which probably are the sealing elements so I presume replacing these ‘O’ rings should cure the leak problem.

Regards,

Abbi

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Glad to hear you got it out. As to the seal you can either get the complete wash motor or the impeller kit.

The impeller kits comes with the seals and the part number is(###) ###-####br/>
But the thing thats strange is there isnt a support bar at the back of the motor. As this bar keeps it all in place. So if its missing this could also be why its leaking as its not keeping the motor stright.

So the part number for the support bar is(###) ###-####br/>
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry I must have misled you the motor end support is there, when you mentioned bracket behind the motor I did not see one because I had already removed the motor support bracket and was looking for another bracket behind the motor which obviously was not there

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
Arrh ok thats fine. As long as you have the support that will be fine. Just replace either the motor or the impeller kit and see how it goes.

If doing just the impeller kit take a picture before you take it apart so you know the order they go.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much for your help it was excellent and I may seek your help some other time if needed, thanks once again.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
Your very welcome.

If you do need any help in the furture just get back to me and i will do my best to help you out.