George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a HB75AB550B/03 oven and the left hand selector knob

I have a HB75AB550B/03 oven and the left hand selector knob has come off. I understand that the top cover of the oven needs to be removed to fir a new knob but don't understand what needs to be done from there to fit the knob as surely it has to go in from the front. Can you give me instructions for fitting the knob
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 3 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you with answers to your problem. I am not on the site constantly, so kindly be patient whilst awaiting answers.. I will return to your problem.

To start with, I hope this diagram proves some assistance.

I shall attempt to get full instructions for you whilst at work tomorrow.

regards
George

George-Allsorts :

Full Size Image

George-Allsorts :

Hello, The knob on your Siemens should just pull off and then the replacement just pushes straight on...

If something else has happened to the knob that stops this direct replacement , is there any way that you can photograph it and upload the image to here so that I can further help you..

regards

George-Allsorts :

George

Customer:

If you look at the drawing the knob part seems to be made up of several pieces - there is an exploded view on the drawing. It is only the actual knob part which is the piece sticking out that you turn that has come off but the part seems to be a unit so can the knob piece actual push into the other pieces as it seems to come as one whole unit which would need the top cover to come off to get that unit out.

George-Allsorts :

Apparently, the rear part is inside the machine and the knob pushes onto the shaft of the inner part from the outside... I have just checked on a model that I have here to see for myself.. nevertheless, if yours is broken then it may require the whole part.. but I cannot see what you have in your have...

Presuming that you need to replace all of the inner and outer part, (Power Off), then once you have the lid off the appliance look at the top rim inside, you'll see 4 screws.. remove them all. Those screws hold a bracket that will then be removable; this in turn will allow the panel holding the knobs and selectors to fold backwards for removal. allowing you to get at the knobs, retaining screws for the selector, etc... The rest is self explanitory.