George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Hi, I have an Elica Star hob hood, which was installed by a

Customer Question

Hi, I have an Elica Star hob hood, which was installed by a kitchen builder yesterday. He noted that the fan did not appear to work and upon pressing the fan button the light underneath comes on. Clicking this button another 5 times turns this light off. If I hold it down the outer area lights come on and brighten to maximum. Now when I click the light button once the light underneath comes on, click it again, the light turns off. If I hold this button, the outer area lights come on and brighten. I see no LED lights come on on the main control stick. I believe the kitchen fitter followed the instruction booklet instructions, however he was unfamiliar with this hood design so I am unsure as to whether he may have made a mistake or if there is something wrong with the deivce itself. Does anyone know why this is happening? Thanks
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 3 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** Can you supply the model number and serial number please... This information will normally be placed inside the unit and is visible when the filters are removed