George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a hotpoint tvm 560p , when themachine is running and

Customer Question

I have a hotpoint tvm 560p , when themachine is running and I open the door to check the clothes ,the drum will carry on rotating ,what is the problem ? is it easy to rectify
Expert:  repairman4734 replied 3 years ago.
repairman4734 :

Good Evening, my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you with your problem. I could not find this model number listed. Inside the door on the frame, or on the right side panel bottom front, will be the model number. If its different than what you sent, please resend. What your problem is is you have a bad door switch. When you open the door, look for a buttom you pushin and out. This is the door switch. You can probably get the switch either at sears, or repairclinic.com. Do check the model number again for me, and let me know.

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 3 years ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** The part number you require for this UK model is C00141683

The issue you have is that the door safety switch is faultering.. A simple procedure of removal and replacement of the switch is required.. the switch is not safely repairable.

regards

George