canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

I have a 4-burner hob, BH6 155 (ood 903828 ; Serie 00140035

Customer Question

I have a 4-burner hob, BH6 155 (ood 903828 BAM; Serie 00140035 6) probably 2000 vintage. It has been adjusted for natural gas and I wish to convert to Propane/Butane as this is the only gas available at my new residence. Please advise what I must do and/or obtain for this conversion.
Robin Macleod
IP31 1DL - UK
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. You will need to replace the injector which can be ordered from a local appliance parts store. To replace the injector you would Disconnect the power and gas then remove the burner base from the bottom of the oven. To do so, loosen the two retaining screws holding it in place. Then lift the tray from the back. Once it is out, slide the tray towards the rear and take it off

Customer:

Loosen the burner screw and then carefully pull the burner away from its support. Take special care to ensure that no damage is caused to the ignition plug or the thermocouple. Unscrew the injector using a 10 mm spanner and replace it with the stipulated injector for the new gas supply.

Customer:

Also the grill injectors must be changed and a minimum flow adjustment must be made. Light the burner and set the knob at the minimum position. Remove the knob from the tap and place a small bladed screwdriver in the screw Unscrew the adjusting screw, in order to increase the gas flow or tighten the adjusting screw to decrease the gas flow.

JACUSTOMER-fu4l7oum- :

Hi, Mike,

JACUSTOMER-fu4l7oum- :

It is only the hob that I wish to modify; this has 4 burners, one small, two medium and one large.

JACUSTOMER-fu4l7oum- :

I guess that the injector to which you refer is the jet at the bottom of each burner holder but in my case these require a 7mm socket spanner not 10mm. I also guess that these injectors/jets are individually calibrated for the particular burners and collectively different for calor gas. Confirmation (or rejection ! ) of my guesses will be appreciated together with advice as to whether it is only these injectors/jets that need to be changed.

JACUSTOMER-fu4l7oum- :

JACUSTOMER-fu4l7oum- :

Robin Macleod (householder)

JACUSTOMER-fu4l7oum- :

Mike,

JACUSTOMER-fu4l7oum- :

I cannot tell whether or not my previous reply was sent to you so I will try something different. If it did reach you, sorry to bother you again.

JACUSTOMER-fu4l7oum- :

My hob has a 7mm jet in each of the 4 burner holders. I guess these are what have to be changed. I will appreciate confirmation of this and that nothing else has to be done to effect the conersion to Calor gas.

JACUSTOMER-fu4l7oum- :

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Mike, I did see you first response and followed up with a detail question. The message to which this is a reply shows this question as well as a second one which I sent as I had no indication that the first one had been sent. Maybe the fault is at my end but I still need help. Regards. Robin

So sorry for the delayed response. I had not seen your inquiry until now. It will still be necessary to replace the oven and burner injectors since the orifice is different for the different gas.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Mike,

Thanks for your reply. I kind-of figured that the injectors would have to be changed but you mentioned 10mm whereas the existing injectors are 7mm. You also did not respond to my query about whether anything else will need to be changed. And to remind you, I have only ever been talking about the Hob i.e. the four-burner top.

Sorry to be a pain

Robin

No pain. The confusion on my end is that when I looked up the model number I got a range with oven and cook top. Is yours just the cook top and no oven? If it also has the oven then you still have to change the oven parts also. Even without changing the parts for the oven it will seem to work fine but the oven injectors will wear quickly because of the different size orifice. I really have no issue at all getting you as much information as you would like to clarify.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Mike,

1. As previously stated. I only have the top.

2. The four existing injectors require a 7mm socket (you mentioned 10mm). I know these will have to be replaced and I am trying elsewhere to locate injectors suitable for Calor gas.

3. The key remaining question that I asked is whether anything else has to be changed.

Robin

I am sorry for the confusion on my part. Yes just the injectors is what needs to be replaced.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Super!

Many thanks.

I am still trying to find the necessary injectors.

Robin

You are very welcome. The most reliable way to go about getting the injectors is a local appliance parts supplier. It is not the most cost effective but they will be able to be sure that you get the correct injectors. Just bring the model number and the serial number.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have supplied the full plate details to 'espares' and they are supposed to be finding the parts for me.................. Do you know of anyone else who might be better able tofind/supply the injectors?

Robin

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Already replied

R

That is also a very good resource. I do not have any other suggestions for where to get the parts since anything else is regional. I know I get my parts from our local supply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks for your help, Mike. Have a good day, week, month etcCool

Robin

You also! Years, decades, centuries. .....