canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

My Siemens SE64M350EU dishwasher works fine on the short

My Siemens SE64M350EU dishwasher works fine on the short programme (45 deg) However, on the longer programmes (50 deg and Auto 55-60 deg), water flows and is pumped away, but no cleaning occurs and the system remains cold. Are there sensors that are used by the longer programmes that are not used by the short programme? Is the programme unit broken or could there be an alternative explanation?

Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.
canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Do you have a multi-meter and are you familiar with using it?

Customer:

Yes

canuck the pro :

Have you checked the continuity on the element?

Customer:

No, but the system warms up and drys correctly on the short programme, so there is no doubt that the element works.

canuck the pro :

Ok if you have no doubt that the element is heating then it would have to be a fault with the PCB control. Sometimes the board may just have a loose connector on the control. The vibration of the machine will disconnect an already loose connector. If there is not a loose connection on the control board then the board would need replacing.

Customer:

I will check it. Many thanks!