Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Neff U1661 oven is very slow coming up to temperature on

My Neff U1661 oven is very slow coming up to temperature on standard non-fan setting (I don't really use it on fan setting) and lately seems unable to come fully to high temperatures. What is this likely to be - thermostat; element(s); ????? I'd be grateful for advice.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

When you get a fault like this on the convectional oven its usually 1 of the elements. As the convectional oven uses 2 elements. It uses the outer section of the grill element and then a lower base element under the base of the oven.

What you need to do is pull the oven out and remove the back panel. There you will see the wiring to the element. You will need a multi meter to test these. So test the outer section of the grill and then test the lower base element which you will see at the bottom of the oven.

Usually on these its the lower base element that causes the fault so check that out and if faulty then you will need to replace it.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.