Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Johnson and Starly: Balmforth/ Mclary D60/80 There

Customer Question

I have a Johnson and Starly: Balmforth/ Mclary D60/80
There are two switches on the clock/ timer panel
The switch turns the fan on but there is a red light
That says "supply" This light is not on ?
Where the switch that says timed or constant is this switch
When turned on to either "constant" or "timed" seems to
Activate nothing ? I will enclose a photo of the switches
Panei inside and outside.
Is this just a warm air heater or does it heat water ie a boiler
Also? Any help would be appreciated as otherwise
This unit seems to be ok
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that, I am Tech Michael
I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
This may be simply a bad switch or possibly the main control board.
Do you have a meter for testing?
Thank you for your patience!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I do have a meter for testing.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
What you need to do first, is disconnect the switch but mark the wire locations first so you know where to re attach them later.
Then set your meter to continuity or ohms and check to see if the switch will close based on the meters readings as you flip the switch.
Please let me know what you find, I will stick with you but there is more to check on this unit.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you I will do as directed I want to try and upload some photos also
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Photos would be helpful ;-)
But you need to test the switch so we will know if it the main control or the switch?
I will stick with you until we have this fixed so Please don’t forget to rate my service before closing this page,
then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost if you have further questions about this;-)
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Michael I have sent you one photo of the rear / inside of timer mechanism. I will now send you a photo of the front of the mechanism They are not great images but hope they. Can help somewhat than nothing at all.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the pic it came in great!
Yes, test that switch, if it does have continuity, check for voltage at the switch by running from ground to the hot side of the switch let me know if you have anything there. I will stick with you until this is fixed but Please don’t forget to rate my service before closing this page,
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Michael I would like to know if the gas valve in this unit is an electronic ignition or manually ignited. This unit is a V6600D.

I will include a photograph of the actual unit

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Osho,
when you turn it on, does it hear a bunch of clicks?
In that case it would be electronic and uses a spark module for that.If no clicks are heard, then it needs to be lit manually. The one you have appears to be electrical ;-)
Please rate now and I will stick with you Osho and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Michael. What could be the issue if it is electric as you have stated and there are no "clicks" Does the whole unit have to be replaced? or can the electronic spark mechanism be replaced separately?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Osho,
Yes the spark module can be replaced by itself ;-)
sorry for the delay , we had a power outage here yesterday.
Please rate kindly at this point, no additional cost to do that;-) I will stick with you!
Thank you and have a great day!
Tech Michael