Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

I am fitting a Hoover 330d dishwasher and am a bit confused.

I am fitting a Hoover 330d dishwasher and am a bit confused. The instructions look like I have to drive a screw through the case into the floor unit to fix it in, is this correct? There are two points inside the dishwasher that look like that what they are there for but non on the case itself. I don't want to drill a hole though it until I am sure what I am doing. Thanks.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 3 years ago.
Plumberpro :

Hi . are they at the back?

Customer:

No, at the front on what would be the inside of the door

Customer:

There are two 'holes' about 20cm down from the top on both sides, they have a plastic surround and in the instruction leaflet is shows that you seem to fix the machine into the cabinet by putting two short screws through them into the wooden base unIt. My confusin is that there are no holes in the metal case for the screws to go through, and I don't want to drill through it until I am sure of what I am doing. Thanks

Plumberpro :

Hi , they are to secure the dishwasher in the event it is freestanding so that when the door is opened it doesn't tip over. If you have it under a work surface and its a fairly tight fit a block can be fitted between the underneTh of the worktop and top of dishwasher to prevent movement

Plumberpro :

Sorry , just re read our conversation. If the screws go from the he dishwasher into the kitchen units its , as I said earlier , to ensure the washer doesn't pull forward when opening the door

Plumberpro :

If this answered your question could you please rate it , thanks

Customer:

Thank you, ***** ***** sorted now. I put a black underneath it and then tightened up to the work surface.