Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

An E2 error is flashing on my GSU2606 upright freezer temp

Customer Question

An E2 error is flashing on my GSU2606 upright freezer temp is still showing -18 any advice please
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Bob, I am sorry to hear that. E2 indicates failure or out of tolerance evaporator sensor which is foamed in and not replaceable. The only repair possibility is replacement of the electronic control board which now ignores input from the sensor. Replacement of the board is easy to do with no soldering necessary. I will help you complete this in a few minutes once you have the main control board. Only a couple of basic hand tools are required to do this. The best place to get that board is Espares listed below. Please don’t forget to rate my service before closing this page, then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost if you have further questions about this;-) Thank you and have a wonderful day! Tech Michael Please call Espares: Sales 0844 9777 888 After sales 0333 4007 888 Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Did you get this message?
Please read and rate kindly so I can stick with you ;-)
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Bob,
Are you getting my messages?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Bob are you getting my messages?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
nnn
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Bob, something seems to be wrong on site today, I still see your question in the questions list. Please reply to me if you are seeing this?
Thanks Bob and have a nice weekend.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks very much for this helpful resonse. The board appears to be around £275 - admittedly still cheaper than a new freezer. May I ask a supplementary. The freezer continues to operate but what is the effect of the E2 message. Does this mean that the freezer will not defrost?? In other words if I ignore it will this ultimately result in damage?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Bob,
yes its pricey.
And yes the issue has to do with a board component failing.
Is there any heavy frost or ice on the inside rear wall of the freezer?(inside).
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Nope. Inside of Freezer is frost free.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Bob,
yep its the board you need.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks very much for your assistance. Do you know if ignoring the E2 message and deferring replacement of the board will cause any damage in the short/medium /long term??

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Bob, you can leave it that way for now, over time it may become worse but will probably last like that quite a while;-)