George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Panasonic breadmaker SD257 which I have used 3/4

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic breadmaker SD257 which I have used 3/4 times a week for about 3 years - no problems. The last 6 loaves have been not a lot of use1 Rise about half way up tin - look OK but very 'heavy' and chewy/not completely cooked when eaten.
I have changed the flour and opened new yeast - well in date - but no improvement. Same results on white flour and granary loaves. Time to replace machine?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** am not here constantly, so kindly be patient whilst awaiting responses, answers take time. If you need further info, ask.

George-Allsorts :

Here are some of the test procedures to find the faulty part causing your problem:

George-Allsorts :

ADA22R117 Heater

ADA11E142 Sensor Assy

1. The LCD shows "0:00".
2. When the "select", "Option", "Size", "Crust", "Timer", or "Stop/Start" pad is pressed, a buzzer sounds to ask if the command
may be accepted.
3. When "0:00" does not appear on the LCD or the buzzer does not sound when operation keys are pressed, check the
power cord .

Operating procedure
2.1. Main Body Test Mode
2.1.1. Setting the Main Body Initial Test Modes
1. Insert the power cord plug into an electrical outlet.
2. Press the "select", "Option" and "Size" pads all at the same time.
3. When all indications on the LCD are illuminated, the main body test waiting mode has been set successfully.
* When some or all of the indications do not appear on the LCD, follow steps 1 and 2.
* Pressing the "Stop/Start" pad returns you to the normal initial mode. (To be pressed when the test is finished.)
When the initial test mode cannot be set, the main body is experiencing a problem

If the heater operation test fails, check the following:
2.1.3. Heater Operation Test
1. Make sure that the main body is in the main body test waiting mode. Press the "Option" pad.
2. The LED is illuminated with "TEMP" and "POWER ALERT" shown on the display.
3. Power the heater and turn it off when the sensor temperature reaches 165°C.
4. Pressing the "Stop/Start" pad always returns you to the main body test waiting mode.
If the heater operation test fails, check the followi

Check point Diagnosis Remedy
Connection of the heater terminals Check the connection of the heater terminals. Make a proper connection.
Reference value> (If no problem is found with the connection) Replace the heater.
Resistance of the heater (in normal status) 230V: 96Ω - 240V: 104Ω

2.1.4. Thermistor Operation Test (Perform this test after replacing the defective
thermistor.)
1. Make sure that the main body is in the main body test waiting mode. Press the "select" pad.
2. The LED is illuminated with "BAKE" and "RAPID" shown on the display.
3. Turn on the heater for 3 seconds at 32 second intervals. Set the thermistor temperature at 35°C.
4. Pressing the "Stop/Start" pad returns you to the main body test waiting mode.
Evaluation:
If the thermistor section in the main body remains at approximately 35°C, the thermistor is functioning properly.
2.1.5. Buzzer Operation Test
1. Make sure that the main body is in the main body test waiting mode. Press the "Size" pad.
2. The LED is illuminated with "RAISIN" and "DOUGH" shown on the display.
3. Repeat the ON (0.3 seconds)-OFF (0.7 seconds) procedure 8 times.
Remedy:
If the buzzer does not sound during the buzzer operation test, replace control boards A and B.
When the main body operation test is finished, press the "Stop/Start" pad.
When the main body test modes 1.1.1 ~ 1.1.5 are checked and completed successfully, the main body is not experiencing a
problem.

George-Allsorts :

Can I be of further assistance regarding your breadmaker?

If no further help is required, please remember to Rate my assistance kindly..

But remember, I am here if you need further help... Feel free to return to ask further questions.

kind regards
George