Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi, have a whirlpool adg 9540, randomly when I press start

Hi, have a whirlpool adg 9540, randomly when I press start it does not want to work, this has become more critical in the last days and it is not possible to make the dishwasher work. All the way to the left light is solid red, start light blinks green, any ideas?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that, I am Tech Michael
I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
How old is your dishwasher?
Also did pressing the start button repeatedly eventually cause it to run?
Thank you for your patience!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not sure how old it is as I rent this place and this is the landlord's dishwasher. It looks pretty old though.

When we press repeatedly the start button we hear water running, and it seems it will start working but it takes some seconds for it to stop running again

Armando

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Armando,
This is a sign that the main control board has failed.
its easy to replace and I can help you at no additional cost.
Its in the door.
The best place to get a replacement is Espares. They should ship to you on this.
Please don’t forget to rate my service before closing this page,
then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost if you have further questions about this;-)
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Sales
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
*Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.*
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok Michael thanks for that. One last question, when the board fails is it still common that the machine sometimes work? It still does, now the thing is it is getting less and less frequent.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Armando,
yes it is a symptom of failure for this model.
It can become intermittent as yours has.
I will be here, but please rate kindly at this point and have a great weekend Armando!
Tech Michael