Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Dyson DC03: how do I get at the on/off switch? There's an intermittent

Dyson DC03: how do I get at the on/off switch? There's an intermittent break up in the power, obvious when I wriggle the cable at entry to the switch.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
As switches changes from model to model, most are secured the same way.
If you look closely at the switch cover (the bit you press for on/off), there is usually a small slot to one side. If you insert a thin, flat tool (a small screwdriver or flat file, etc) into the slot, you should "feel" it disengage a tab. If you now gently pry up the switch cover, it should come off easily.
If not you would need to remove the covers which are held in place with metal fasteners. I will stick with you, Please don’t forget to rate my service before closing this page,
then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost if you have further questions about this;-)
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Michael, you gave me the confidence to prise off the switch cover (and I didn't break anything). But, ah ha, the terminals at the ends of the wires are spade-type so it'll mean a whole new length of cable with ready soldered spades on each of the ends of the wires, eh?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
LOL Stephen!
Im glad it worked for you.
Have a great weekend and please rate kindly ;-)
Tech Mike