George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Worcester 24I RFF-L Combi boiler

Worcester 24I RFF-L Combi boiler
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** am not here constantly, so kindly be patient whilst awaiting responses, answers take time.

What is the problem you have with your 24I RFF-L Combi boiler

Customer:

The pilot light on my boiler has gone off and as a result the boiler will not fire up to give any heat through radiators

George-Allsorts :

Is the MAINS LED illuminated?

Customer:

yes

George-Allsorts :

Is control knob set for demand? If not, turn the control knob fully clockwise

Do you have a Room stat fitted? If so, make sure it is turned-up

Customer:

pilot light comes on when hot water is demanded but central heating does not work. room thermo stat on boiler is at max, pressure bar just under 2

George-Allsorts :

When was the last time you actually operated the Central Heating side of the boiler?

Customer:

yesterday morning. I bled the radiators which must have turned it off as pressure was really low when I checked last night. so put pressure back in yesterday evening but cant get heating back on

George-Allsorts :

OK, the boiler can be reset by ending the present demand which in a central heating demand means turning the central heating temperature control to ‘Sun image’ , wait for 30 secs, and turn back to the required setting or ending the room thermostat/programmer demand...

George-Allsorts :

The boiler will not try to re-ignite for 4 mins

Customer:

do I also turn the heating knob off

George-Allsorts :

You don't need to turn both off... Call for demand can be ended by just turning off one or the other.

George-Allsorts :

Do you have a manual for this boiler?

Customer:

sort off

George-Allsorts :

Huh?

Customer:

had to download online

George-Allsorts :

Ok.. That is as good as any...

George-Allsorts :

Do you have a service manual in-case you ever nee to have it repaired?

Customer:

the control switch has 3 settings (1) off (2) auto and (3) constant. I have done what you said and left control panel on Sun with control panel on auto. I will switch to max in 10 secs

Customer:

I don't have a service manual. well not that I am aware of anyway

George-Allsorts :

OK

George-Allsorts :

Service Manual

Customer:

pilot lite is on as just ran the bath which started the lite

George-Allsorts :

Good

George-Allsorts :

Notice above that I have given you a link to The Service Manual for your boiler... Please download it as you will need it at times of repair

Customer:

thanks for the link

George-Allsorts :

You'll need to turn off the bath as in order for the Central heating to be called for you need not to be calling for hot water

Customer:

yes its off now

George-Allsorts :

If the room is cool enough to cause the room stat to call for heat then the boiler should be calling for re-ignition around about now

George-Allsorts :

Has the Central Heating tried to fire-up?

George-Allsorts :

Ok, Can you reach on-top of the boiler, there should be a reset button there

Full Size Image

Customer:

yes all working. nice one. thanks George

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair