Hello, my name is***** am not here constantly, so kindly be patient whilst awaiting responses, answers take time. If you need further info, ask.
The rectangular piece of mica on the inside of the microwave is replaceable.. did the unit spark at all when you were using it?
Not sure, there was a noise
Place a mug of water into your microwave and turn it on for 30 seconds and let me know if the water gets warm
OK for 10 seconds then the mica smoked and burst into flames
ok.. you need to replace the mica... As long as the microwave didn't start sparking then should be ok...Can you tell me what cleaner you were using that caused this?
Just took the mica and run for 30 secs - no problem and water got hot. Cleaner was hotpoint microwave cleaner
Should read : took the mica plate out ..!
Please do not use the microwave without the mica card in place... You can buy a piece from any microwave repair centre... Take the old piece with you for them to cut you a new piece.
When cleaning the microwave, please don't spray anything on the mica card
I'm glad to hear you microwave tested out ok :)
Thanks, ***** ***** the advice
Have a good weekend
Please remember to rate kindly.... Have a great day