George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

the inside of my beko fridge freezer is freezing up i can

the inside of my beko fridge freezer is freezing up i can pull the frost off from inside in lumps as soon as it starts to melt
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 3 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** am not here constantly, so kindly be patient whilst awaiting responses, answers take time. If you need further info, ask.

George-Allsorts :

Can you tell me the model number please.. it will be on the sticker that is to the left of the salad bowls

Customer:

cda539fw

George-Allsorts :

Have you had any modification done to your appliance by Beko?

Customer:

no

George-Allsorts :

can you give me the serial number of the appliance .. this is on the same sticker

Customer:

12-10624209

George-Allsorts :

Sorry for the delay... I'm just checking on something

George-Allsorts :

Ok.. I have checked the safety of your appliance with the Beko recall website and your serial number is ***** listed for recall

George-Allsorts :

So, where in the fridge freezer is the ice forming

Customer:

on the back of the fridge inside facing the door

George-Allsorts :

What state is the freezer in?

Customer:

there is nothing wrong with the freezer it is working fine . it is only in the top fridge where the ice is

George-Allsorts :

OK.. can you look around the door seal on the fridge door and let me know ... Is it closing to the frame of the fridge all the way around?

Customer:

it looks alright

George-Allsorts :

get a thin piece of card.. place it between the fridge and the door seal, and move it all the way round ... there should be resistance all the way

Customer:

there is resistance on top and side but none on the bottom

George-Allsorts :

Ok.. In that case it is the door seal that is causing you problem... There is warm air entering the fridge cavity, this is then condensing in the cool of the fridge.. the condensation is then freezing on the rear cavity of the fridge

Customer:

what do i do now

George-Allsorts :

The door seal for your fridge is replaceable... the Part Nr is 4324854100 and is available from the Beko website

Customer:

thank you

George-Allsorts :

You're very welcome... Please remember to Rate Me kindly...

Have a great day