Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

The 2nd two toaster slots will not "stay down" when the on

The 2nd two toaster slots will not "stay down" when the on lever pulled down to the on position. If held down, there is power going to the heating elements. Is there a quick fix to this?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that.
The issue unfortunately requires service for this model toaster.
This one uses a relay to hold the toast slot down, its an electronic component that has failed. What it does is its a latching circuit and when it fails you will still have power to tat slot when you hold it down but it cant latch due to a failed relay.
If you are handy with a few tools and can solder a bit, I could help you get that part and replace it, otherwise it would be best to have this done by a technician. Many local handymen can do this for you as well and for a lot less money than Delongi will charge;-)
I wish there were a quick fix I really do.
Please don’t forget to rate my service before closing this page,
then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost if you have further questions about this;-)
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for info. I am extremely handy with a soldering iron ( have been called the king of soft soldering in the past!). If you can let me know the part and what I anything I need to know about how to effect the repair I would be very grateful.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Awesome James.
Below is the site you need.
I have also included their phone # ***** your convenience as its best to call them for this part.
If for any reason they don't have the part please let me know as I have other sources for you.
They may only sell the main control board complete(not going to the component level).
http://www.partmaster.co.uk/delonghi/toaster/catalogue.pl?shop=delonghi&path=54690&page=2
Or call: 0344(###) ###-####
Contact Center opening times
Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm
Saturday 9am - 4pm
Sunday Closed
James please rate kindly at this point and I will stick with you until this is fixed ;-)
Have a nice Sunday!
Tech Michael