Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

hi i have a oil boiler,,,thats firing,,,the central heating

hi i have a oil boiler,,,thats firing,,,the central heating is working,,but no hot water,,we have drayton lifestyle programmer,,,any clues . Thanks Paul
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that.
is there any water coming out of the tap when you turn the sinks hot water on, or does it come out cold?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

water flow ok,,,but cold

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Paul,
does the furnace shut itself off when its up to temp?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no working fine

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Paul, this could be one of two things.
It could be a bad zone valve which is what I suspect as you do have water coming from the hot spigot but it remains cold.
But it could also be the main control board at the boiler that is causing this problem as well because if that has a bad circuit on it the system may not be telling the hot water valve to open.
If you have tools and a meter for testing we can go further.But if not, it would need to be looked at by an engineer(heating technician) local to you.
I will stick with you until this is fixed so Please don’t forget to rate my service before closing this page,
then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost if you have further questions about this;-)
Thank you Paul and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael