Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My dishwasher DI450 has stopped working and appears to have

My dishwasher DI450 has stopped working and appears to have no power?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Im taking it you have checked the power supply and the fuse to the dishwasher?

If not then the first thing to do is try the dishwasher in another plug socket and also try somthing in the plug socket like a kettle and make sure the socket is fine.

If the power supply is good and the fuse is ok then you need to remove the wooden door and then remove the plastic control panel.

From there you will see the on/off switch on the right. Check this out with a multimeter and make sure its switching over when its pressed. Also check there 230v there as well.

If there isnt any power getting to the switch then you need to pull the dishwasher out and remove the metal panel at the back at the bottom. There you will see the mains filter. This is the part which the power cable goes to. Check to see if this has burnt out.

But if the mains filter and power supply is ok. And the on/off switch is fine then you are looking at a faulty control board here which would need to be replaced.

So check the above out as the fault will be one of them. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It's hard wired into the wall I think. There is a main power switch nearby it. I have out a new fuse in there.
I will try some of the other stuff but I'm not sure if im capable ūüė≥
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

No worries. If its hard wired then you need to remove the socket from the wall and test it and make sure it hasnt burnt out and you have 230v there.

But if you are not sure and dont have a multi meter then its probbley best not to mess with the electrics side.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok thanks. I can't even work out how to remove the door panel! I'm just going to call someone out.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Ok no worries if you get someone in then im sure they will sort it for you.

Fingers crossed its a cheap fix for you.