George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Left door open of Arctis freezer and now machine will only

Customer Question

Left door open of Arctis freezer and now machine will only freeze down to 4 degrees. Is it fixable. Also Santo fridge leaks water everyday from the door front what should I do?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

If the freezer door was left open then what whould have happened is the evaporator will have iced up to much and blocked the air flow.

What you need to for this is empty the freezer and turn it off for 24 hours and leave the door open. This will allow the ice on the evaporator to melt.

Then turn it back on and this should be back to normal from there.

As to the fridge this is more then likely a blocked drain hole.

Empty the bottom half of the fridge and at the back towards the bottom you will see the drain channel. There will be a hole in the middle. You need to poke somthing there and push it down and this will clear the hole and stop it from leaking.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have completely emptied the freezer and left it unplugged for a week. When I switched it back on it only cooled to 4 degrees. Is it worth getting someone in to fix it or just send it to the tip?

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok if you have already done the defrost then if you feel the compressor at the bottom is it hot to touch?

If so then it has a system fault either the compressor is weak or theres a blockage in the system.
For either if these you need to get a fridge engineer and it isnt going to be a cheap fix so you may find its not worth fixing as you are looking at minimum £140 roughly.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where is the best place to find an engineer? I live near Ashford in Kent

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
You can try service force direct. They are the repair agents for AEG.

There number is *****(###) ###-####br/>