Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Grundig HD Digital TV Recorder GUFSDTR500HD I purchased the

Grundig HD Digital TV Recorder GUFSDTR500HD
I purchased the recorder almost two years ago; it has been satisfactory until we had a power cut recently. It will no longer record programs but otherwise seems to function.
When a recording should play a message is displayed "Recording was not made as the result of an unexpected internal error". At no time does the red record light come on.
I have the impression that it a malfunction of the soft ware. The Instruction manual gives no instructions on how to correct this fault or reprogram the device.
Can you please assist me in this matter.
Alex. Copland
Tel: ***-***-****
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Good morning,
this problem is unfortunately caused by a failed electronic component internal to the device.
Sometimes when power cuts happen they cause a power surge upon power up. Electronics are extremely sensitive to this and can blow components if not plugged into a surge protector.
To fox this you will need to send it out for repair as this model employs surface mount technology and that requires specialized soldering equipment and knowledge of such. This isn't a re programming issue I wish it were that simple. But I can help you locate where the best place to send it in for repair if you need?
Please let me know. I wish I had better news for you I really do.
Please don’t forget to rate my service before closing this page,
then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost if you have further questions about this;-)
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael