Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have an Orek XL which seems to fine – it picks up and the

I have an Orek XL which seems to fine – it picks up and the bag inflates – but everything just seems too gather in the airway behind the brushes and then a lot of it drops straight back when turned off. It’s been looked at by a local engineer and they can’t see what the problem is – there are no blocks and the bag inflates properly. Any thoughts?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi, sorry to hear that. How old is your oreck vacuum?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

4/5 years - but it was my mum's so don't I can use the guarantee

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi you can say you are your MOM as its close family and they will likely fix this for you. This problem is a trap valve issue. What happened is that the valve will no longer close fully so when you turn it off, all the dirt it has in the lower part of the bag and the hose will fall out.
But if you cant use the warranty a good vacuum repair shop can fix this for you and its not very expensive to do;-)
I will stick with you in case you need me further so Please don’t forget to rate my service before closing this page,
then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost if you have further questions about this;-)
Thank you Jean and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael