George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I am in Australia and considering buying an induction hob -

I am in Australia and considering buying an induction hob - Ihave never used one but am looking at a Westinghouse PHN644DU and also an IKEA Smaklig or Hogvardig which are much cheaper but the functions look similar. I don't know what to buy really. Do you have any advice Michael.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 3 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** understand your thinking with regard to the simarities of the products... My personal option would be relative to the possible future breakdown of the product and parts availability... With this in mind I would opt for the Ikea models as both of them carry a 5 year warranty and therefore you can virtually guarantee stability of product for at least that period.

Customer:

Thank you George, I suppose that is a practical way to look at it.