George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My Bosch fridge Freezer EXXCEL 8.0/3-1-35828 forms ice below

My Bosch fridge Freezer EXXCEL 8.0/3-1-35828 forms ice below bottom drawer of freezer, I have:
1. checked door seals are fine
2. cleared a little green jelly like substance from the drainage pipe at rear- now clear
3. left it switched off with door open for 10 days:
it still forms a pool of ice- (from water running from freezer works?)
What is my next step, please?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** am not here constantly, so kindly be patient whilst awaiting responses, answers take time.

George-Allsorts :

Have you cleaned the freezer drain hole inside the freezer?

Customer:

No, only the drain hole to which the flexible tube that drains into the tray/pan at the back of the freezer.

Customer:

Where is the drain hole inside the freezer, please? I have only cleaned-with a pipe cleaner- the hole at rear of machine where the flexible plastic tube that drains into the drip tray is attached.

George-Allsorts :

Can you supply me with the E Nr from the sticker at the side of the salad drawer...

Customer:

Enr is KGN 39X00GB

George-Allsorts :

The hole is behind this panel at the rear of your freezer behind the drawers

George-Allsorts :

Full Size Image

Customer:

Is that a picture of the back of the freezer- mine doesn't look like that- or is it a picture of the back of the inside. once the protective covering has been removed, please? I wont be able to get at the machine away from the wall until it has been emptied! I imagine it will have to switched off before i attempt to clean the drain hole?

George-Allsorts :

That is the panel inside your freezer behind the drawers... Unscrew it, the drain hole is behind it at the bottom

George-Allsorts :

switch off the freezer.. It doesn't need to be pulled out to take the panel off

Customer:

Many thanks- - Can this be done while the freezer is cold? or do I have to wait for the machine to thaw out first, please? I wont be able to attend until tomorrow, anyway.

George-Allsorts :

I would wait until the freezer partially defrosts as it makes the plastic panel less likely to fracture

Customer:

Many thanks, ***** ***** that I will have to tackle this job later in the month when I have been able to house its contents- May I return to this discussion, please, if having removed the panel and cleared the drain I find I have not cured the problem.

George-Allsorts :

Of course you can... even when you have cleared the drain, if you have any further questions you can return to ask further.

Please however, do not forget to rate, then the link will remain between us