George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Dear Sir or Madam My ZJD 12191 Jetstream Turbodry washer

Customer Question

Dear Sir or Madam
My ZJD 12191 Jetstream Turbodry washer drier 'built in' gives error E10 only whilst drying.
The wash part of the machine works fine.
The drier started malfunctioning by not drying properly and then eventually the E10 code kept coming on and the drier stops working.
What can i do please?
Ali
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** am not here constantly, so kindly be patient whilst awaiting responses, answers take time.

George-Allsorts :

Hi Ali, E10 is a 'Water Fill Difficulty' error code... This means that the valve that is used to control water input during the drying stage is not working

JACUSTOMER-1wcs398z- :

Ok thank you George. i assume this valve is in the pipe input

JACUSTOMER-1wcs398z- :

Sorry hit enter by mistake. If this valve is in the pipe how can i get to it with a built in unit? Do i lug unit out and then look in pipe for an obvious broken valve? If so, can i just buy and fit a replacement?

George-Allsorts :

Hi, You will need to remove the appliance and take off the lid... Just under the lid, where the inlet hose goes to, is a set of valves.. Using a multimeter you need to test the valves to find out if any are defective. You will then need to replace any faulty ones... If there are no faulty ones then the controller will be at fault.. It is nearly always a blocked or faulty inlet valve

JACUSTOMER-1wcs398z- :

Ok, thank you again. i just looked at the machine, its very heavy but in theory if i can get some strong help, i can unscrew the lid and do as you say. I will get back to you.

George-Allsorts :

Sorry, I lostmy internet connection

George-Allsorts :

How did you get on with getting access to the dryer fill valve.. Did you manage to test or change the valve?

JACUSTOMER-1wcs398z- :

Hi George

JACUSTOMER-1wcs398z- :

i have some one coming today to help me move the machine out of its housing and together we will have a look and hopefully solve the problem. Many thanks for your help so far.

JACUSTOMER-1wcs398z- :

Will let you know the outcome

George-Allsorts :

Excellent...
Tip

George-Allsorts :

TIP ** Use washing-up liquid under the feet of the washer to help it out of the housing and back in again when finished... It causes less damage to the flooring and less stress on your muscles.

regards

JACUSTOMER-1wcs398z- :

Thank you that's a top tip!

George-Allsorts :

Anything to help

JACUSTOMER-1wcs398z- :

ok. It is the valve as you suggested and also it needs a new belt, still working but only just. All on order but not until next week sometime. Hopefully then it will all be resolved.

JACUSTOMER-1wcs398z- :

Thank you for your help

JACUSTOMER-1wcs398z- :

Ali

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi George,

it has all been mended now.

A

I am so glad to have been given the chance to help you...

regards
George