George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a seimens built-in oven but the self-cleaning function

I have a seimens built-in oven but the self-cleaning function has stopped working. The fan goes round but there is no heat.
The elements are working fine for cooking.
Any idea what I can try?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 3 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** am not here constantly, so kindly be patient whilst awaiting responses, answers take time.

Can you provide the E Nr and FD from the appliance please, so that I can look-up the information on your appliance and its parts

Customer:

Customer:

Hello. the ENr number is ***** and FD 8709. I have since seen an error message 6 come up, which means that the lock is not working. I can move the lock manually but its not working by itself. Is this something I could fix, or do I need an engineer? The seimans engineer is very expensive - last time £180 to change an element which I think I could have done myself!

George-Allsorts :

On the Plate after the E Nr it will have an /01, /02, or /03. Can you tell me which it has please

George-Allsorts :

The lock on those is an electric one and if the board cannot sense the lock or senses a faulty lock then it will produce error 6 and prevent the pyro from working.. If you are handy then providing you take the necessary precausions then there shouldn't be any reason for you not being able to change the lock..

The lock part number is *****

Just incase you are unable to, or unsure of your ability to, change the lock then click here to find an Independent Engineer near to you.

Customer:

the number is ***** thank you

George-Allsorts :

Yes, thank for that... The info I just gave you is correct for that model