Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Good evening I have a Dimplex CXL18N wall heater which

Customer Question

Good evening
I have a Dimplex CXL18N wall heater which currently does not appear to work. I have two others which work fine ...they are Dimplex CXL24N and Dimplex 12N
Whaat should I be looking for in order to make CXL18N work. They are on a night circuit tariff electricity wise
bernardo
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

This has the convector heater built in
Can you tell me, does this work?

Has this failed from the first time of use this year?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Convector heater works fine

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The actual heater itself has not worked this year so far

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

Hi Thanks

Is there a seperate fuse for each of the heaters?

Where the heater is attached to the fused spur, is there a neon?

Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes to first time ...have no idea where fuse is apart from main fuse box ...there are tow lead in flexes one of which has a red light when night circuit kicks in

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
OK

There should be a seperat fuse box for the storage heaters. Each heater has a seperate fuse. You should check that one of these has not tripped.

The heater that doesnt work, has two seperate supplies. One for the convector, which is live all day to enable you to use this in the day time. The other supply is the cheaper night supply. This is the one with the problem.
If the fuse is ok, the likley culprit is the switch at the fused spur, or the fuse there, if one is fitted. These often stop working when switched back on.

You can check this, if there is no red neon, by turning off ALL poewer, then attaching a normal reading lamp to the connections where the heater attaches inside the spur.
This should then come on when the cheap rate electricity starts, normally about 11pm. If it doesnt, the problem is back towards the fuse box and is probably the fuse there

If you need more help, just ask
In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Rob

Its a modern fuse box in the hallway....I have flicked master fuse switch off and on. Re lead with neon light if I unscrew switch panel with neon light what type of fuse should I find inside ?

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
It will just depend what box they have used
There may be no fuse in there but you should check

There will be two seperate fuse boxes or two halves to it.
There will be seperate switches, not just the main fuse

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK ...will see ...I rent this place so maybe I should get my landlord to sort it !! Before I mark you can you give me my enquiry reference number please and thank you for your help

Bernardo

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

If you rent, then its definately down to the landlord.

All you need to do is bookmark this page or follow the lik in the emails

All the best

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Rob

Opened one of the neon sockets ...there is no fuse !!! What happens now ?

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
OK
In that case its either the switch, if there is one, at the box, or its the fuse in the fuse box.

Its possible its the heater but really not likley