Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Customer Question

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael
I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and may take a bit of conversation to get the issue narrowed down and solved.
What can I help you with today?
May we have the make and full model # ***** the appliance also the problem you are having with it;-)
tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have a Bosch Microwave/Oven/Grill built in appliance (HBC84K553A)

It has power and the LED at the front is lit. However, since using the microwave earlier, it no longer works. ALL the other oven/grill settings do not work either. The "start/pause" button on the right hand side of the appliance is not lit (and it used to be lit once a oven/micro type selection was made with the left dial).

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** is your microwave oven?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't know, it was in the house when we moved in 18months ago.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks you anyway, shouldn't be an issue.
The problem is the main control board has failed. It is the circuit board just behind the keypad.
A word of caution is in order. the task of replacing this part is simple with only a few basic hand tools needed, but there is a large capacitor in there in the back, please do not get near that!!! it can carry a lethal charge even when the unit is disconnected from power!
I will keep you safe if you would like to make this repair.
just don't jump ahead and you will be fine ;-) It souldnt take more than a half an hour or so to do this task.
The best place to obtain that part is Espares, I have listed all their contact info below for your convenience.
Please don’t forget to rate my service before closing this page,
then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost if you have further questions about this;-)
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Sales
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. I ran the micro for 10 mins on full power (to do a jacket potato). It finished fine. Then, 15 mins later, once the fan had finished cooling, it wouldn't start again. Is that scenario consistent with a main control board failure ?

Also, if I rate you and pay you now, how can I get in contact with you again once I have the part ?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi yes that is consistent with a failing main control board.
As for rating, if you rate kindly now before closing this page i will be available to you all the time, simply reply to this message or any of our talks on here ;-)
Thank you and please also let me know when you need me further.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The PC board has arrived in the post today. Please advise how I go about fitting it ?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi, what you need to do is disconnect power to the microwave!
Dont get near the large capacitor (silver) it can be lethal!!!!!
See if you can locate the screws in the front grill also there may be a few when you open the door. Let me know if you find them;-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've done it Michael - thanks for your help. The appliance now works fine.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome ;-)