George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Bosch dishwasher EN SGV56A13GB/24 which is not washing

I have a Bosch dishwasher EN SGV56A13GB/24 which is not washing effectively. I have cleaned the arms and filter. If I set the programme to 70, auto or 50 degrees the timer shows 199 minutes, the wash cycle takes much longer than this and the dishes in the top and bottom racks are not clean. Can you provide some advice on how to rectify this matter?
FET
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** am not here constantly, so kindly be patient whilst awaiting responses, answers take time. If you need further info, ask.

George-Allsorts :

It sounds like you have a heating problem... Either the heating element, its thermistor, is not working, or you are not getting enough water into the tank to thet the pressure switch turn the heater on

George-Allsorts :

Saying that... it could also be one of the legs of the heater relay on the PCB if your PCB is in the control panel of the door

George-Allsorts :

How well do you know your way around your machine and how technically capable are you

Customer:

I do not know my way around the machine, it was built in by a kitchen design company about 10 years ago and has never gone wrong before, so there has been no need. My technical ability is probably average. What is a PCB except for a chemical substance?

George-Allsorts :

Printed Circuit Board

George-Allsorts :

It may help you to click the link to look for a Local Appliance Engineer to you

George-Allsorts :

The reason I was asking how technically capable you were is that I could have talked you through the procedure of finding the exact problem and changing the necessary parts