Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Hotpoint Aquarius FDAL28 which is only 18 months old.

Customer Question

I have a Hotpoint Aquarius FDAL28 which is only 18 months old. It has now stopped working. When you switch it on it fills, then it just sits there. No warning lights. I've tried switching it off and on, checked the drainage which is fine. When you switch it back on again it does drain ok.
I've called an engineer and they are pretty expensive, just wondered if anyone has a DIY idea first?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Good morning,
this is a bad main control board.
With the symptoms you have and no error the issue is a failed main control board. You could replace that with my help if you want. Only a few basic hand tools are required and it is a pretty easy task if your somewhat handy;-)
The best place to get that part is Hotpoint parts Ireland:
Spare Parts and Accessories
Order Spare Parts and Accessories for your appliance
Mon - Fri 8.30am - 5.30pm
Sat 10.0am - 12.00pm
0818 31 34 13
I will stick with you until this is fixed so Please don’t forget to rate my service before closing this page,
then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost if you have further questions about this;-)
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've just called Hotpoint. Apparently the main board is called the PCB board, and it comes unprogrammed, so I would need to buy a programmer as well that an engineer would otherwise have. Combined it's over £200 so I guess paying £110 for them to come and fix it under the parts warranty is probably the best way to go. Other option was £55 from a local guy + parts, but that probably a bit more. Would you agree?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi John
its really one IC that needs programming and usually you can buy a pre programmed main board. But you are correct it is the PCB with the buttons on it.
In this case though if they will fix (replace that board) for 110, yes thats your best option ;-) And really not a bad price at all. Especially since you don't have to make the repair yourself and the part is included in that price.
I hope that helps, Please rate kindly I will still be available to you at no additional cost if you have any further questions.
Have a nice day John.
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The hot point engineer came round pretty quick. Turns it the motor had blown, nothing to do with the PCB board. Would have cost me £83 on Amazon plus turn the machine over on its side to fit, so the £110 including fitting was still pretty good.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Wow thats odd as those motors don't usually fail in way where the control board wouldn't give the error. It must have really blown badly, completely dead circuit.
In any case Im glad you got it fixed for a great price, that was actually very good;-)
Have a great day!
Tech Michael