Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

the tech guys repair window is open on my lap top and will

Customer Question

the tech guys repair window is open on my lap top and will not close no matter which option I press so I can open my other documents on lap top?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that, I am Tech Michael
I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and may take a bit of conversation to get the issue narrowed down and solved.
May I have the age and the full model # ***** your computer?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

advent intel core 2 duo td3dj-xrqqb-kqb67 and its approx 6 years old

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Rachel,
will the computer turn off normally?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can turn it off with the button but not shut it down properly as I can not get the Tech Guys page off no matter what I press, i ve tried pressing the exit and restart, start microsoft windows repair environment but nothing works it just goes back to the same open Tech Guys page. I just want to exit from this and then start computer up normally?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Rachel,
This is a sign that there is an electronic component failure in the computer.
When this happens it means one of the memory locations inside an memory IC has failed and that IC will need to be replaced.
A local computer repair shop can re install your operating system and that may work provided you don't try to use that program again until the IC is replaced.
I wish I had better news for you on this I really do Rachel but this one will need service. I will stick with you and if you need me to locate a good shop for you to bring it to for this please send me your state and town information.
Please don’t forget to rate my service before closing this page,
then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost if you have further questions about this;-)
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Rachel,
I'm not sure why you rated me poorly, I have been a computer tech for over 35 years and an respected tech on this site for over 7 years.
I will let them know you weren't satisfied but I am sure of my diagnosis. Poor ratings can damage my good standing here.
Please reconsider your rating to Ok service at least, it wont cost you anything to re rate;-)
Thanks Rachel and have a nice day.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am simply asking you how to reboot the computer with out the tech guys support starting? I had this happen years and years ago and the expert them just told me how to reboot removing the tech support page?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Rachel,
What operating system are you running?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

vista. before i went to admin page and rebooted via techguys but can t remember how to do this?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Rachel, when the computer is completely OFF, and you turn it on, is that when the techguys page pops up?
Please have patience as this is a technical issue.
You may also need to be sure the program is NOT in your Vista's start list. If it is it will run, every time.
Also you can delete that program as its not very good anyway.
Please try this and let me know how that goes.
And please reconsider your rating I will help you if you will do that for me;-)
tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i dont want to give a poor rating but I am looking for an answer or at least a try!

Yes the tech guys pops up as you turn computer on. I can t check if it s in my vista start like or delete anything as i can t open anything else as I don t know how to? There is no start option available? I can press f12 as computer is opening which takes me to mutli boot section but then I don t know what to do there? or f1 for set up?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Rachel, there really is only one option in this case.
What you can try (because there is a corrupt program) and it may be due to a virus, you can try a system restore.
Its really the only option short of re installing the original software(operating system). If system restore doesn't get rid of the techguys program, then you need to re install the original software but you will lose everything you added but your computer will be like new.
The original software should be on part of your hard drive.
Let me know if you want to do that, But if you do, please change your rating so I can help you do that;-)
Thanks for understanding.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The tech guys keeps trying to restore system but it just goes around in circles. Are you able to do a system restore

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi yes thats what I was saying, the program was damaged and cant complete its cycle so it just HANGS UP like its doing.
The only thing at this point you can do is a system restore.
If a Disk to reinstall never came with your Laptop ask Advent what is the method to start the Recovery method to put your Laptop back to Factory Settings using the Recovery partition.
They will assist you with the Key sequence to do this. It can be F10, F11, etc
FYI: At purchase you have to have been supplied with a way to reinstall the Operating System back to how the Laptop was when you bought it.
3. Some Manufacturers no longer have Vista Recovery Disks available.
If that happens, you may have to try this instead:
You can also borrow and use a Microsoft Vista DVD, that contains the files for the various Vista Editions (Home Basic, Home Premium, Business and Ultimate) to be installed. The Product Key on your Laptop case determines which Edition is installed.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Rachel, this may work as well,
To restore your computer back to factory settings, follow the steps below:
1. Turn on the computer and keep tapping F8 until the advanced options menu is displayed
2. Use the up/down arrow keys on the keyboard to highlight Repair Your Computer and press enter to select it
3. Select the language you wish to install (normally English is the only option)
4. Once you have chosen your language you will be presented with the available recovery options
* Microsoft Repair Environment - after choosing the UK keyboard layout you will be asked to choose the Operating System you wish to repair. If Windows Vista is not listed then you cannot repair the OS without doing the full recovery. After choosing Vista the Microsoft Vista startup repair tool will run and attempt to repair any startup problems you are experiencing
* Reinstall Windows - gives you the options available to reinstall Vista
* Advanced Options - this launches the diagnostic centre allowing you to run chkdsk, launch notepad or bring up a command prompt
* Exit & restart computer - Exits withut running the recovery process
5. To continue with the recovery program you need to choose Reinstall Windows
6. On the next screen you have the ability to launch Vista System Restore and roll back to a date when Vista was last working ok or to run the Full Destructive Recovery. To continue with the recovery program you need to choose Start Full Destructive Recovery
7. After choosing the Full Destructive Recovery option you are presented with the warning screen that all data will be lost. It is important to make sure all data has been backed up to disk if possible and to realize this process deletes all data and reverts the machine back to it's default state. To continue with the recovery program you need to tick the box indicating you are aware of data loss
8. The recovery process will then run through, the computer will restart a couple of times during this. You will also need to go through the Vista "Out of Box Experience", to configure Vista. This is fairly straightforward so just follow the onscreen instructions