Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Just bought a new Digistat+2 since the old one is broken.

Just bought a new Digistat+2 since the old one is broken. Now, the alarm red light on the SCR unit is on and there is no connection between the SCR and remote unit. What should I do?  Please give me the details of how to connect the remote unit with the SCR on the wall.  Also, what the alarm red light on the SCR means and how to remove it?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi do you have the user manual?
And is your model # *****? Or something different?
Please let me know so I can assist you further.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it is a Drayton Digistat+2 system. There is no any model information

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that.
Do you have the user manual?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No. I do not have a user manual

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for that. Your thermostat should have come with a user manual. If you bought it used it may be defective. But here is the link to the user manual for that thermostat. Please read and follow all instructions to get this working. I will stick with you until you have this working so Please don’t forget to rate my service before closing this page, then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost if you have further questions about this;-) Thank you and have a wonderful day! Tech Michael

Please visit this link for the user manual:

file:///home/chronos/u-8bbb3615733d6dbad67f12aeac88a29c2b83664e/Downloads/Digistat+2_Install_User_ENG_06490045001.pdf

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

could you tell me in general, what one should do when replace a old-broken remote unit with a brand new one?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi well for one, you need to tun power off at the mains so that there is no power to the boiler controller (no red light on).Then wait 5 full minutes then turn the power back on and make sure the red light goes out, you may need to press a reset button on the control at the boiler to reset that there. Also there could be a problem with the control board at the boiler.
Then read the instructions for set up in your home. This thermostat has many settings and they really need to be set up as you would like the thermostat to operate;-)
Please rate kindly and I will stick with you until we get this fixed.
Thank you and please be patient as this is a technical issue and it takes some time to go over everything that could be wrong.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have turn out of the power to the SCR unit for 10 minutes. when I put the power back on, the alarm red light on the SCR is still on

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** many different Main controls at the boiler and I don't have any info on yours.
But see if there is a reset button there look good sometimes they are hard to spot.
Also how long has it been since the boiler has been professionally serviced???
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the boiler model is condens boiler ZWB 7-27, 230v, 50 Hz, 101W

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi thanks but I need the controllers model # ***** there are many they could have installed on that boiler;-).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the controller is Drayton digistat SCR wiles system

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** thermostat a wireless one?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes. Digistat+2. it is wireless

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi, did you check out the instruction page I sent?
Also was that red light on before you changed the thermostat?
And one mode final question, how long since the boiler was serviced. Please answer all three of these questions so I can guide you with what is wrong.
Also you may have a bad thermostat, especially if it didn't come with the user manual, it may have been a return that accidentally got put back on the shelf.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I could not use the link you send to find the file

I can not remember whether the red light is on or not when I change the remote unit.

The boiler has not been serviced for a while

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** you have is not with the thermostat, the light indicates a fault at the boiler, likely just in need of a professional cleaning. I wish this were something you could do but you would need expensive knowledge on adjustments and all the tools needed to do a proper cleaning.
Simply put, all you need is a heating Tech or engineer to come out and clean the unit, he can then reset the controls at the boiler if they are damaged, usually they are fine;-)
The digistat thermostats rarely fail if ever.
That is the answer to your question and I wish it were just a thermostat issue I really do. The cleaning shouldn't cost much.
Please rate kindly and have a great day.
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.