Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Re fridge freezer model HMB3131: stopped cooling & freezing.

Customer Question

Re fridge freezer model HMB3131: stopped cooling & freezing. Freezer shows error code A2. What does this mean?
Also fridge beeps continuously (same as when door left open)
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that, I am Tech Michael
I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and may take a bit of conversation to get the issue narrowed down and solved.
.
Does the fan run inside the freezer behind the wall?
Also can you hear the compressor running at all?
Not the fan.
And how old is your freezer?
tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael

Just to be clear, it is a fridge freezer.

The fan, on the back wall of the fridge, is running. It stops when I open the door; don't know if this is normal.

Can't hear the compressor.

7 years old.

Cheers

Bob

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Bob, Is there any frost on the rear wall inside the freezer?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No; neither the fridge nor freezer are cooling at all.

Cheers

Bob

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Bob,
This is usually the main control board at fault, especially because of the beeping.
And thats an easy repair. But do you have a meter for testing as it could be something else as well. Also you will need to pull the fridge out from the wall and open the lower access panel once you are that far let me know and I will instruct you from there on the testing, its pretty simple to do;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hmmm; it's an integrated one so pulling it out is a major task.

Is there a simpler option?

Cheers

Bob

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Bob, I wish there were an easier way, but even to replace the main board the fridge needs to come out, the board is under a panel on the back of the fridge;-(
I have a lot of experience with your model and with the symptoms you describe more that likely you will need a new main control board. The relays on that board eventually fail and cause this problem.
I wish I had better news for you I really do, but I will stick with you until we get this sorted out.
Please don’t forget to rate my service before closing this page,
then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost if you have further questions about this;-)
Thank you Bob and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Michael

At least I know it is repairable, so I'll get an engineer in.

I have submitted an "excellent service" rating.

Cheers

Bob

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Bob and have a great day!
Tech Michael