Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi There i have a panasonic kx ncp500uk phone system

Hi There
i have a panasonic kx ncp500uk phone system in my house and we had a power cut last sunday. since then I can get incoming calls but if i try to dial out i cant get a line , however if i plug a normal phone into the master , bypassing the system and dialling 9 first it works , therefore it is a fault in the system.
How can I fix it
Gerard
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Gerald, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the power cut caused a power surge and it damaged the phone systems main base;-(
This is something that would need to be sent in for repair as so many electronic components would need to be tested in order to determine the exact part(s) failure.
Its really not economical, between shipping, labor and parts it would cost as much as a new phone if not more.
If this were me(and I'm a Technician with all the tools and test equipment) to fix this even I would simply replace the phone.
I had a power cut last week and it destroyed my internet box lol.
We all go through it at one time or another.
I wish I had better news for you I really do.
Have a great day anyway Gerald.
Please rate kindly before you close this page.
thank you
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When you say replace the phone , do you mean replace the phone system box panasonic kx ncp500uk, and presumably then ,i would need to have it all programmed etc

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Gerald,unfortunately yes thats correct. That is where the damage occurred, I know it sucks really but it would require so much tech work and specialized tools and equipment to fix this and a lot of time.
You would need to send it for repair, and I can tell you the best place if you want to do that but they would still lose all the programming anyway as they will simply replace the box or the main board with all your settings.
Tech Michael