Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have recently taken over as Manager of a Charity Shop and

I have recently taken over as Manager of a Charity Shop and have the Operation and Program Manual for ER-420M. The previous Manager set up the ill but unfortunately none of the staff were involved in this. We now need to clear the till and set it up again but I cannot find any information in the manual on how to do this. Could you help please
Margaret Barkes
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Margaret, Sorry to hear that,
The manual should be helpful. Maybe you have the wrong one. You should have this manual:
http://the-checkout-tech.com/manuals/cashregisters/Samsung_ER-420M_operating_programming_manual.html
Look at the section called "initial clear" first. if that doesn't work, you may have to RAM clear it (all clear)
Please rate kindly before closing this page I will still be here for you and you can contact me anytime
simply by replying to this message at no additional cost;-)
And have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The manual I have is Operation and Program Manual ER-420M. Could you please let me know which section to look in

Margaret

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Sorry Margaret I cant get that manual to come up unless I pay for it lol;-)
It would be in a section for clearing the till, or clear all. There is a way and I'm sure it is in the manual, I will keep trying to find a free version.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The keys on the till are set up with the name of the items which we are selling (eg, toys etc). If we could get into Manager Mode and Report Mode would be a help and also we cannot reconcile the till at the end of the day. None of the Volunteers at the Charity shop are computer literate thererfore we find the manual not easy to understand.

Looking through the manual on page 66 is Service Mode Programming with the following headings - Clear all totals, clear grand total, clear PLU file, EPROM INFORMATION, memory allocation, assignment of functions to keyboard locations, RS232C Port.

What is PLU?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Margaret, yes thats where you should be looking and that pretty much will clear the system for you;-)
Unless there is an internal electronic issue, I see that a lot as well fingers crossed.
Let me know how that goes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have not been able to solve the problem. I think it is because we have been left with only 2 keys when the manual states 2sets with 5 keys.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Lol, Hi Marge I noticed a bunch of typos in that manual.
I have a better source or so they say and they are sending me that copy.
I will forward that to you As soon as I have that.
Please rate my service to you, kindly before closing this page you will still have access to me and you can contact me anytime
Thank you Margaret and have a great day!
Tech Michael