Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Hi, have a zanussi ZDC67550W tumble dryer. It wont turn on,

Customer Question

Hi, have a zanussi ZDC67550W tumble dryer. It wont turn on, ie no lights or anything. Have checked the fuse and also put mu meter across the circuit board which confirms 240v present. have spoken to a local repairer and he said its the board and it will cost as much as a new machine, and in any case Zanussi have stopped supplying this because of an inherent design fault. Have you heard of this ? and is it the board or another fuse somewhere ? Thanks for any advice. Andy
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Hi Andy, Assuming that the local repairer has got it right and it is not something as simple as a door switch your local guy has misinformed you, the control pcb is readily available and will cost you somewhere around £120 plus vat. Bearing in mind this is a condenser dryer it may be worth after consideration getting it repaired. Hope that helps ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-0l3a8sbr- :

Thanks Ian, that was the guys conlcusion over a phone discussion. Would the door switch be a cause for no lights coming on at all ? The reason I ask is that around 12-18months ago I swapped the door and obviously moved the switch over - if it is the case then i should check that the connectors are still good. I have also seen on ebay a repairer of these pcbs for £38 - this could also be a possibility now knowing that its not an inherent problem.

Dales-Electronic :

Andy ~ all you need to do is short out the two wires on the door switch and see if she cranks up. If so then its only a couple of quid to replace that, if its still not operating then two companies that we use are EMW Electronics and QER both on the webb so you can check if they do the board too ~ hope that helps.

JACUSTOMER-0l3a8sbr- :

Thanks Ian. Will try that at the weekend, and I will check out the 2 companies you mention. Will keep you posted.

Dales-Electronic :

OK have fun, if you are happy with the service kindly give me a rating ~ you will still be able to contact me on here if you get stuck ~ good luck

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks Ian. I sent the board of to QER who found a fault and fixed it. It cost me £40 compared to a new one at +£150. All working ok now. Thanks for the advice.

Andy

Andy ~ pleased we could be of service and that You got it sorted out. Eddie at QER is a nice guy and of course You have now got a years warranty with the board. A win win all around ~ keep in touch and happy drying !!