George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Hi I have a siemens ceramic hob - ENR-ET78354EU. I have power

Customer Question

I have a siemens ceramic hob - ENR-ET78354EU. I have power to the unit but it no longer turns on. I can see that you can get a replacement control unit - but do I have to buy the whole unit if its only the on/off switch faulty? Its an expensive hob and would rather repair than replace.
Any ideas?
Stuart
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 3 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is George.. It is unfortunate, but this is a complete unit.. The unit part number is ***** and is available from the Siemens Website

JACUSTOMER-agoidiun- :

OK, looks like a new hob then

George-Allsorts :

Sorry, it is not good news is it.. £251 is a lot to pay for that little part...

Maybe if you would like to recycle the old unit once you have a new one it will make you feel a little better...
If you do, try Findmyrecycler to see if they have anyone local

George-Allsorts :

Alternatively, try access a secondhand replacement from the likes of ebay using the model number of ET78354EU or part number of 359532

Please remember to rate my assistance kindly Stuart.

George-Allsorts :

Did you manage to sort the problem Stuart